PUC Network

AB 104 – Grade Change Options

Per AB 104, Partnerships to Uplift Communities Los Angeles, Partnerships to Uplift Communities Valley, and Partnerships to Uplift Communities Lakeview Terrace schools serving high school students are providing this written notice to our families of the grade change options described in Education Code section 49066.5:

The parent, guardian, or education rights holder of a pupil or, for a pupil 18 years of age or older, the pupil who was enrolled in high school and enrolled in a course during the 2020–21 school year may apply to the pupil’s school to have a letter grade earned for that course, as reflected on the pupil’s transcript, changed to a Pass or No Pass grade.

Please note the following:

  • To download the application to request a grade change, please click the following link: https://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/gs/ps/documents/gradechange20form.pdf
  • To see the list of postsecondary educational institutions described in paragraph (2) of subdivision (e), that will accept for the 2020–21 through 2023–24 school year, for admission purposes, a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for an applicant pursuant to Education CodeSection 49066.5(b), please click the following link: https://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/gs/ps/ab104surveyresults.asp
  • Some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.