03 Nov Commitment 3 Club – Canned Food Drive
Our club—and each of our PUC Schools—has pledged to “uplift our communities now and forever”.
Thanksgiving is a special time to share a family meal and reflect upon one’s blessings. It is also an important time to give back.
Therefore, Commitment 3 Club will be partnering with the Regional Food Bank of Lakeview Terrace at Peace Lutheran Church to provide the makings of a Thanksgiving meal for many local, low-income families.
CANNED FOOD DRIVE
When: November 3rd – 18th (During advisory)
Prize: The person & the advisory class with the most cans donated will win a prize!
In order to reach our goal, every student needs to bring 2-3 cans.
Below is a list of suggested items. Consider getting an item in each category for a family of four or buying several items in each category:
- Canned Vegetables (Green Beans, Refried Beans, Black Beans, Corn, Sweet Potatoes, White Potatoes, Squash, Greens, etc.)
- Canned Fruit (Apple, Cranberry, Pineapple, Applesauce)
- Boxed Potatoes and Rice (Mashed, Scalloped; White, Brown, or Yellow Rice—Boxes or Bags)
- Boxed Pasta and Pasta Mixes (Macaroni, Mac-n-Cheese)
- Boxed or Bagged Stuffing Mixes (Cornbread, Herb, Plain)
- Bags of Flour, Cornmeal, Biscuit mixes (Wheat, All-purpose, white)
- Boxes of Baking Goods (Cake Mixes, Brownies, Pie-makings)
- Cans of Gravy (Turkey, Chicken)
- Canned Soup (Chicken Noodle, Carrot, Squash, Chowder, etc.)
Thank you for contributing and sharing in the spirit of generosity with us during this holiday season!