PUC CALS Charter Middle & Early College High School is a charter public school governed by a nonprofit board of directors and overseen by the Los Angeles Unified School District. On January 12, 2016, the LAUSD board voted to approve a Board Resolution, “Keeping Parents Information: Charter Transparency” which was passed with the support of the LA charter community. The resolution highlighted commonly requested information and data that charter public schools share with parents through their charter petitions, School Accountability Report Cards, Local Education Agency Plans, Local Control Accountability Plans, Annual Audits, and other publicly available documents.
This commonly requested information is available from Pete Frias, Director of Media Communications, electronically or manually by parent request. Parents may request this information in English and any single primary language meeting the requirements of Sections 45400 through 45403 of the California Education Code. Please submit parent requests for translated information to Pete Frias at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional resources, which will be made available upon request include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Field Act compliancy
- Available play space/density
- Teacher credential status
- Chanda Smith Consent Decree compliance (including, but not limited to proper documentation displayed and made available to parents)
- Staff pay scale (including, but not limited to teachers, administrators, clerical staff, custodial staff, aides, etc.)
- Instructional materials
- Brown Act compliance
- Food service/caloric content
- Special Education services (including, but not limited to SELPA affiliation)
- Curriculum content
- Special Education by type (high incident, low incident)